I have been into investing for quite sometime now and something was bothering me, I was jealous of my other peers who are also into investing. If you ask me if what am I jealous about, it’s about their ability to earn from 3-5 times in their trades in just a couple of weeks or sometimes days. So I told myself I’ll try to emulate what they do. They are traders, so I traded, I bought penny stocks without really looking at the fundamentals of the companies. I followed their advise and bought a lot of it. Then I was earning 30%. The only problem was, I was greedy I wanted more. What happened I lost all my earnings and lost some of my capital, good thing now I’m in the positive. So I said how come they can trade and I can’t. So I studied their profile and here are some of their characteristics : this list mean that they have all the characteristics below but they might have 2-3 at least.
- They can check the market without being bothered by work or they don’t have an 8-5 job.
- They also lose in their trades but they set a certain amount or percentage in their loses then get out.
- They have a lot of money to begin with, so they can hype a certain stock and move it to a direction they want it to be, or they are just using their “play money”.
- They take profits and it is planned
- They have been doing trading for some time now.
- They can hype or influence others.
- They use all technical Analysis t
- They have connections to firsthand information
I learned how they did it and I looked at myself and understood myself. That’s the time that I realized what kind of investor I am. That’s also when I came to the understanding that if I continue to compare the success of others to my success i would not reach my personal goals, there would always be somebody else better than me. So what I did is just focus on my own goals and set the proper timelines on when to achieve them and continues education.
“This is not a race, what matters is you reach your destination”